We all have been a Hello Kitty fan at some point in time in our lives, and probably our next generation is too. This fandom passing on from generation to generation is not dying anytime soon. Not to our surprise, we have plenty of places where we can enjoy being a part of Hello Kitty World. The Sanrio Hello Kitty Town in Malaysia is the first ever Sanrio Hello Kitty Theme Park outside Japan. Though a small area, it has a lot to offer to its fan and even just the casual visitors.
The Hello Kitty town is located on the first floor of the indoor Puteri Harbour Family Theme Park in Johor, Malaysia, a short ride from Singapore-Malaysia Link Bridge. It is located just a few kilometers away from the Legoland.
Best time to visit:
There is no particular time of the year to visit the Hello Kitty Town since it is an indoor theme park. We’d suggest dodging public holidays for shorter queues. If you’re worried about the weather condition in Johor, then try avoiding the visit between November and February as it might rain cats and dogs.
How to reach:
There is a daily bus service that is run between Kuala Lumpur to Legoland and Hello Kitty Town. It takes around 4 to 5 hours either way.
Another way to get here might be via air. Daily flight services operate between KL Airport and Senai Airport taking around 1 hour flying time. From there you can reach the theme park via road, taking around half-an-hour to reach.
What to expect:
Hello Kitty Town is a small area and can be completely explored within a few hours. Due to its close proximity to Legoland, around 10 minutes’ drive, they are usually paired up together for a vacation or even a day-out. Here are a few attractions to enjoy at Hello Kitty Town.
- Hello Kitty’s House: the Kitty’s House is one of the biggest part of the park, being completely themed upon Hello Kitty, be it entrance, living room, bedroom, bathroom. Apart from the obvious ones, really tiny details could be found in the furniture or even its full wardrobe.
- Hello Kitty Wishful Studio: the Wishful Studio is where you get to have the hands-on experience with the Hello Kitty world since you will be participating in activities yourself. You can even take your self-crafted Hello Kitty themed souvenirs home.
- Enjoy cookie making and bring the best of your hidden talent.
- Craft your own Hello Kitty themed jewelry.
- Head over to the nail-salon station to get your fancy nails done.
- Hello Kitty Dress-Up: dress-up like Hello Kitty and Friends.
- Hello Kitty Live Shows: Enjoy amazing live shows.
- Build-it Zone: try building a house with Bob’s ‘Can-do’ Crew.
The theme park could be covered in a day trip from KL. Though, if you wish to stay around you will find plenty of options nearby. The accommodation facility ranges from the luxury 5-star hotels to the really affordable casual rooms.
Where and what to eat:
Out of several other places, enjoy Hello Kitty-themed food at the attraction’s Red Bow Café and Cinnamoroll Café.
Things to keep in mind:
- The operating hours are from 10 AM to 6 PM from Wednesday to Monday. It is closed on Tuesdays for maintenance purposes.
- There are several ATMs available near the area.
- Lockers of different sizes are available on the ground floor, next to Customer Service Counter.
- Entry is free for children below 2 years of age.