Mount Kinabalu is a mountain in Sabah Malaysia. It is protected as world heritage site as Kinabalu national park. Kinabalu is the tallest mountain peak in Malaysia and 20th in the world. It is the park of Crocker range of mountain with difficult trek having the top peak up to 4095 meters in height.
The mountain and its surrounding have more than 5000 species of plant and animals making it well-preserved ecosystem. Among the rich collection of plant and animals include Raflesia, mosses, lichens, fern hornbill, organ tune, and rhinoceros.
Mount Kinabalu highest peak in the Malay Archipelago rising to 4095 meters is located in northwestern East Malaysia lying in the center of Crocker range.
TIME TO VISIT
The climate in Borneo is tropical type humidity is always high, you can get hot sun in morning and rain in the evening. since the dry month is best for trekking from March to September as you can see many animals in these months.
HOW TO GET IN
Kota Kinabalu is the nearest city from where Mount Kinabalu can be easily reached by flights from here you can reach Mount Kinabalu via taxi. You can also take a paid taxi from Jal Padang.
PLACE TO EXPLORE
Mount Kinabalu is a trekking mountain here you can trek as high as 4095-meter height. This mountain is located in Kinabalu National Park where you can explore diverse climate and hot spring on the way to park.
Walkway of waterfall and stream can be explored from canopy which is just outstanding.
Poring Tropical rainforest is another great thing to explore for the whole day.
KINABALU NATIONAL PARK At the start of your trail, you can find hotels near Kinabalu park where accommodation ranges from hotels to private room for individuals or group as per needs of the customer
LABAN RATA It is the accommodation near national park Kinabalu which provides heated accommodation.nearest place to Mount Kinabalu are kundasang and range, you can get hotels at affordable rate here,
WHERE TO EAT
There are café and restaurant at Laban Rata where one can take food ranging from high to low price.you can get noodles, bread, eggs chicken, rice e.t.c.At the nearby city, there are many restaurants where food is available at the cheaper price than Laban Rata.
- HIGHEST SUMMIT IN MALAYSIA: It has highest peak height 4095 meter which is highest in Malaysia and 20th in the world.
- ADVENTEROUS FOR TRAVELLERS: Mont Kinabalu provides best trekking experience for travelers due to good terrain,
- Tropical rainforest: This provides a wide variety of flora and fauna around 5000 species which makes a better ecosystem,
- BETTER VIEW OF DOWN CITY When one looks down from such a height it will provide a fascinating view of a nearby town.
- HOT SPRING AND STREAM On the way to mount Kinabalu lots of hot spring and streams are there which will refresh your mood.
- Kinabalu National park Mount Kinabalu is part of Kinabalu National park.so, you can refresh your mood with the scenic beauty of park before starting your trails.