Once in a while, we reach that point in time in our lives when all we want to do is sit back and relax or just go crazy without the fear of being judged. Changkat Bukit Bintang is exactly that paradise for your alter-self where you can do everything that you wished for, be it binge-eating, partying all night or attending live shows, you ask, you get. Most of the places here are 2-story pre-war colonial buildings which have now been renovated into pubs, restaurants, and club.
Changkat Bukit Bintang probably has one of the best locations, set right behind Jalan Bukit Bintang in the middle of the city of Kuala Lumpur.
Best time to visit:
Visit the up-all-night paradise of the city anytime you want, preferably night. You won’t be disappointed to see the comparatively calm-in-the-daylight place to change into one of the most happening places of Kuala Lumpur.
How to reach:
Being centrally located in the city, it is quite easy to reach here with your choice of options for transportation between buses, taxis or monorails. It has got one of the best connectivity with almost all the destinations in Kuala Lumpur.
Places to explore:
ChangkatBukit Bintang is basically another form of New York City’s Times Square and Piccadilly Circus in London. While there is too much to do during the night, the place is surprisingly calm during the daylight. It can be a little confusing to go through the place during the nighttime so we suggest visiting during daytime once for better exploration opportunity. This place comes to life with different themes to offer, when the sun goes down.
There are a number of accommodation facilities available near Changkat Bukit Bintang, ranging from hotels with budget lodging facilities to the best luxury hotels. You can pre-book your services or avail the on-spot reservation.
Where and what to eat:
No matter how large your belly is or how spoilt your taste bud is, there is not a single cuisine in the world this place can’t offer. Our tip: come as hungry as you can ever be! Having said all that, here are a few places to mention:
- Baan 26 restaurant- Thai seafood restaurant
- Dining In The Dark- literally! Let smell and sound do the magic
- Bijan Bar & Restaurant- an award-winning restaurant serving best Malay cuisine
- Pinchos Tapas Bar- modern Iberian cuisine
- Twenty-One Kitchen + Bar- best for party-pros
- Pampas South American Grill & Bar- authentic Argentinean fare
- Drift Dining and Bar- serves diverse cuisine, a modern Australian eatery
- El Cerdo- pork restaurant
- Feeka Coffee Roasters- best for breakfast and coffee
- Fuzio Bar & Ristorante- authentic Italian cuisine
- J&P Magic House Bar & Restaurant- hosts magical shows from award-winning magicians from Japan
- Latin Tropical Yoko’s Bar- Latin-inspired bar
- Lima Blas NyonyaRestaurant- Peranakan inspired food
- Barflam KL- mostly Italian and French cuisines
- Opium KL- serving Oriental delights
- Table 23 Kuala Lumpur- Asian by day, Western by night
- Sutraa Kitchen & Bar-Indian restaurant & bar
- Envie Club Lounge
- Le Bouchon
- Racks Bar & Baby Backs
- Finnegan’s Irish Pub
- The Social
- Brix Union Gastro Pub
- The Magnificent Fish & Chips Bar
Things to keep in mind:
- Make sure your taxi is metered since a lot of notorious taxi-drivers refuse to use the meter. You can also take taxi coupons from KL Airport or use a good mobile application for taxis.
- Changkat Bukit Bintang is usually a crowded place and there might be heavy traffic, so have enough time in hand while going around the place.