Kuching national Park located within 15 km of distance from Kuching and 5km from Damai Beach. It has saline Mangrove system as its major constituent part which comprises of the extensive network of marine waterways and tidal creek. This park is home to extensive arboreal primate endangered probosci’s monkey, the Long-tailed Macaque, and silvered langurs. Mount Santubong and hornbills can be also seen here. This park is important Spawning and nursery ground for fish and Prawn species. Mangrove forest sometimes protects from tidal waves and tsunami to the animals living inside the forest.
Location. Kuching Wetlands National park is located in Sarawak Malaysia, its extension is around 170 (sq km). It is located on the eustarinesSibu last and Salak rivers. Nearest location from the park is Kuching 15 km and 5 km Damai Beach.
HOW TO GET IN
From Kula Lumpur to Kuching there are two ways to travel by train and via plane. The distance from Kuching to kulaLampur is around 975 km. If you travel by plane it will cost around 60 to 70 $, and it will take around 3 hours by plane. Kuching National park is Located within 15 km of range from Kuching a city of Sarawak. From Kuching, you can travel by taxi via the road which takes around half an hour.
There are various of the hotel around Kuching Wetlands National Park which are at low to high price ranging from 6 hundred to few thousands. Some of the hotels near the Park are.
- Marco Polo ‘s Guesthouse.it provides the double room with dinner facility at only 500 rupees a day. The buffet breakfast here is delightful.
- Kuching Waterfront Lodge. It provides Wifi room with a facility, breakfast is also available in the package. Guest room with seating area is also there. It costs around RS 1700 for 1 day.
- Meriton Hotels. It provides the room with all facility including tea, coffee, air – condition. It is a very friendly restaurant.
PLACE TO EAT
There are many restaurants around wetlands National Park which provide Chinese food, seafood, snacks and all other types of food.some of the restaurant near Wetlands National Park.
- KubahRia: It Provides Malaysian and Asian food.It is located around 10.6 km from Wetlands National Park.
- Hongkong Noodles house: It is 8.2 km from Wetlands National park provides cheap Chinese food like noodles.
- Café Trios: It is simple and nice café which provides delicious food at lower price.
- It has rich Marine ecosystem with creeks and waterways to explore.
- It has dense vegetation and luscious greenery you can see Monkeys, dolphins in the river along with crocodiles.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- .1KEEP yourself safe from crocodiles that comes near the beaches.
- 2.while moving through cruise doesn’t make too much sound as it may disturb the animals nearby.
- 3Go during low tides as it will give you more chance to see crocodiles and monkeys.